Michael A. Tittiger Sustainability & Conservation Scholarship Fund
This scholarship, endowed by Dr. Rachel Butts, was established to provide tuition assistance to Milan High School graduating seniors of minority status who are interested in environmental sustainability and/or conservation.
Award: (1) $1,000
- Residency within the Milan School District boundary.
- Cumulative GPA of at least 2.8.
- Qualifying institutions include junior or community college, traditional university, vocational school, and other degree- or certification-granting programs (full- or part-time), excluding online programs.
- Funds can be applied toward tuition expenses only.
- Scholarship may be renewed for up to three additional years if funds permit and if student maintains at least a 3.2 college GPA.
- Must have demonstrated interest in environmental sustainability (e.g., sustainable consumer product development, renewable energy, food security, domestic access to clean running water, natural resource conservation, urban agriculture, community supported agriculture, humane animal husbandry, sustainable waste management, green-build construction, etc.) through participation in activities, clubs, or projects or stated interest/intentions to participate in such.
- Must have minority status as defined by financial need, race/ethnicity, gender, and/or otherwise.
- Preference will be given to students who have interest in using their education to improve conditions for Michiganders in need.