Interested in creating a fund?
Types of Funds
- Unrestricted – Allows the foundation flexibility. Donors do not restrict how their donations are used, leaving the decision to the board of trustees.
- Field of Interest – Supports areas such as the arts, education or any other particular interest specified by the donor.
- Donor Advised – Enables donors to be active participants in the giving process.
- Designated – Benefits a named organization and ensures that these gifts continue to support the organization as long as the organization exists.
- Scholarship – Allows the foundation to receive donations from which the income is used for scholarships to students throughout the geographic area of the Milan Area School District.
- Memorial of Tribute – Enables a donor to create a fund in the name of an individual. Family and friends may contribute to the fund, which serves as a living testimonial to the individual.
It is not necessary to establish a named fund to participate in the work of the Greater Milan Area Community Foundation. Contributions of any size are welcome and encouraged.